Tuesday, June 7, 2011

We've only just begun...


I know it's still nearly two years away, but I'm starting to get used to saying, "I'm almost 50..."
For some reason, it doesn't sound that bad to me, lots of my friends are doing it and, once again I poise the question, 'What is the alternative to getting to 50?' Yep...not getting to 50.
I'm already planning a HUGE 50th birthday party for myself...a HUGE celebration of a HALF CENTURY of LIFE and HAPPINESS! And, hey, since the majority of my relatives live deep into their 80s and 90s, I'm gonna go ahead and shoot for 100.
At least.
Thought I'd do a little research and see what I might be able to do to assure that happens.

I Googled "Things that add years to your life."
Here's the top 20
  1. Don't smoke.
  2. Take a daily multivitamin.
  3. Be active each day.
  4. Eat wisely and include tomato sauce and nuts in your diet frequently.
  5. Laugh a lot!
  6. Drink red wine.
  7. Have good friends.
  8. Follow sports!
  9. Be nice and have a positive, flexible attitude.
  10. Trim excess weight.
  11. Love your job.
  12. Avoid accidents and violence (duh!)
  13. Take time to relax.
  14. Spend time with children.
  15. Don't be in a hurry.
  16. Have a purpose.
  17. Eat dark chocolate (delicious with red wine!)
  18. Eliminate toxic foods, toxic emotions and toxic relationships.
  19. Change how you feel about aging.
  20. Keep learning and stay curious about the future!
I'd have to say, I think I've got this thing NAILED!
Here's the truth: Aging is NOT an inevitable decline in function and ability!
I am healthier and happier and have more energy and strength--and I even weigh less today, than I did 20 years ago! I'm JOYFULLY living life each day with amazing, true friends--who are active, love to drink wine and LOVE to laugh a lot!!
And I definitely have no problem staying curious about the future...

Damn, just wait til that party in 2063!
See you there.

3 comments:

S. said...

Make sure you include me in that invitation for the big 5-0..... I don't want to miss that one!!!

PETE Di LALLO said...

Those 20 things are a piece of cake...I should easily live for two more years until you're 50...

Julie Hibbard said...

Yes...you are the first two invites!! Susie...we'll jump out of a plane first!!