Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!











I have the best Dad ever!
My sweet dad has been there for me...always!
At every softball game I ever played, every awards dinner, bowling tournaments, Blue Bird camp outs...my college graduation, the birth of my kids...and every single thing in between...and since!!
My dad has a hilarious sense of humor and an enviable desire to love and make people happy! He is also the root of both my passion for baseball and my dedicated work ethic! Having five daughters, I think my Dad was determined to make each of us "well-rounded." Taking us fishing and camping...teaching us how to to check our tires and add oil to our car. We all learned how to mow the lawn and to fix things around the house. He encouraged us to play softball...to run for class office....and to love Vin Scully. Obviously, there were no "boy things" and "girl things" in our family. There were just a whole lot of great things we did with our dad. I honestly think my sisters and I are all better people for that.
And, I gotta tell ya, to this day, a day at the ballgame with my dad is still my happiest place on earth. How lucky can a girl get?
Love you Pops!

3 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

Thanks so much Julie for saying all those sweet things about me and the things I taught you and your sisters...but you forgot to mention I taught you how to clean the pool too...thanks for helping with the pool and the lawn!

Sonja said...

Happy Father's Day Pete! You're the dad I wish I had!

PETE Di LALLO said...

Geeze, Sonja...I am almost wordless...
I've always considered you one of my favorite silent daughters...