Friday, March 19, 2010

Nicknames

Different people call me different names. Nicknames.
It's a "term of endearment" and a very special gift, for someone to like you enough--to KNOW you enough--to bestow you with such a name...
Some of mine:
1. Jooper-this is what my parents call me. Always have. Variations include Joop, Joops and, my Uncle Jimmy called me Joopondilay...
2. Julie-Poo-my Grandpa John always called me this.
3. Ju Ju-All of my sisters, nieces and nephews call me Ju Ju. Variations include "jooj" (Sunny and Thatcher ALWAYS call me JOOJ!)
4. Hooly-I worked at my dad's office when I was in high school and the guys who worked with him called me "hooly"...I ran into one of them a few months back and he addressed me this way immediately!
5. Jewels-friends from high school call me Jewels. Variations include Jools, Juls, Jules...I LOVE being called Jewels. Brent and Jana always call me Jewels.
7. Mama-Allison has always called me Mama. I really love that.
8. Seems like a LOT of people call me "Kiddo"...my friend Sarah always does. I like that one a lot too.
We have nicknames for most of the people in my family...Weenie, Cockadoodler, Leese, Sassy, Sun Bun, T-T, Taylor, Thatch, Nosilla, Zackers, Pops and Bumarino.
I really do think it's a very touching way to show you care for someone.
(But, yeah, they sure do sound silly when you write them out.)
What's YOUR nickname?

4 comments:

PETE Di LALLO said...

Good blog Jupondo
Luv ya
Peter Potamus

Leah Mazur said...

I love nicknames! Growing up my family called me Weebers, which as an adult has progressed to be Weebs, Weebies, Weebiscus, and a current favorite, post-marriage, Weebsiano. My dad always comes up with a new variation: Weebiscarino, Weebinator, Weebsilarito. I answer lovingly to all of the above :)

Anonymous said...

Makes me think of PQ, master of nicknames.

Sarah said...

Lizard, because my middle name is Elizabeth and lizard breath go too long. I and big lizard, my niece is little lizard, and Ryan is mini lizard.