And if you want to--you can be too!
- Decide that no matter what happens, you're going to be OK. Don't let your happiness be dependent on anyone or any thing! What ever happens...you're going to be happy!
- Be kind. Be thoughtful. Tell someone they look really nice today. Mean it. I assure you, this will make YOU happy too.
- Decide that it's OK to NOT hang out with negative people. Start hanging out with the people who make you feel GOOD!! Let go of anyone who brings you down...it's OK! Be with the people who tell you that you are funny and beautiful...because, damn it!...you are!
- Be kind to yourself! Look at all that you've learned over the last few months! Look at how far you've come! Remind yourself that you are worthy of a GREAT and OH so happy life!
- Try new things! Watch a show you don't think you'd like. Sample a new food! Try a new recipe. Take a new road to work. Realize that life can be new and exciting every day! Little things mean SO much.
- Be positive. Don't complain. Sure, gas prices are up...what can you do about that? A negative attitude does NOTHING to change the situation. Figure out what you can control and what is OUT of your control. Promise yourself to never complain about things out of your control (the weather, gas prices)...and start CHANGING some of the things that you CAN control (your spending, your weight, situations in your own life)!
- Laugh! Smile! Listen to people when they tell you a story. Tell stories! Look for the humor in every situation! Listen with your eyes! Tell people they're funny! Enjoy the present moment!
- Let your yes be yes and your no be no. Be honest! Be proud of who you are and what you like and what you feel...and stand up for yourself. Stop letting people walk all over you. Be the strong, happy, funny, live-loving person you are meant to be!
- Simplify your life! Get rid of physical things and narrow down your responsibilities. Greatly reduce the clutter in your home as well as in your head. Life is not nearly as complicated as you think it is. Simplify.
- Let go of the past, live for today and look forward to tomorrow. All of us have things we wish we would have done differently...let it go. Seriously...laugh about it, shake your head...and then let it go. Look to what you can change and improve upon at this point in life. And move forward! As Led Zeppelin said, there's still time to change the road you're on.
Come on, get happy!!