Monday, February 27, 2012

This blood's for you...

Ten facts about giving blood:
  1. Someone needs blood every two seconds.
  2. About 1 in 5 people who enter a hospital will need blood.
  3. There is no substitute for human blood.
  4. A healthy adult can give blood every 56 days.
  5. Giving blood does not decrease your strength.
  6. The actual blood donation takes less than 10 minutes.
  7. The fluid in your body is replaced within hours.
  8. Thirteen tests are performed on each pint of donated blood.
  9. 4.5 million people will need a blood transfusion this year.
  10. One pint of blood can save up to THREE lives!
Together, the three of us saved NINE lives today!
Hooray!

3 comments:

sprinkles said...

I used to donate but then Red Cross said I couldn't anymore because I lived in Europe in the 80s and there was the concern about mad cow disease.

If they ever change the rules, I'd donate again.

Sonja said...

I had blood drawn yesterday and almost passed out. Wish I could do it, but I can't.

robin_brown_62 said...

I wish I could and really want to. Gotta get my iron level up and I will give my blood to save lives! I'm so glad you give blood!