Thursday, June 17, 2010

My 2,000th post!!

50 things to do before I'm 50
For some reason, I have been blessed with boundless energy, amazing health and an incredible amount of free time. I feel better than I EVER have, weigh 20 pounds less than I did in 8th grade and, the way I see it,
I'm younger than I'll ever be!!
Honestly, at this point in life, I feel like there is NOTHING that I can not do...so, with just about three years before the BIG FIVE OH--here are a FEW of the things I am hoping to accomplish:
  1. See (at least) five more of the country's baseball stadiums.
  2. Have a rose garden.
  3. See the Pyramids.
  4. Go wine tasting.
  5. Go to a professional football game.
  6. Go skydiving.
  7. Buy and wear matching bras and panties.
  8. Weigh 125.
  9. See the Dodgers win the World Series.
  10. Learn to do a cartwheel.
  11. Throw out the first pitch at a baseball game.
  12. Spend the night at the Plaza Hotel in NYC.
  13. Visit Campobasso, Italy, the city where my grandfather was born.
  14. See the last of the tattoo totally fade away...
  15. Give my parents an amazing 50th anniversary party.
  16. Walk the Grand Canyon Skywalk.
  17. Eat a whole cinnamon roll.
  18. Snorkel in Hawaii.
  19. Be 100% debt free.
  20. Ski a black diamond run!
  21. Take surf lessons.
  22. Give away a good portion of my possessions.
  23. Go on a cruise.
  24. Have every single photograph in my house organized.
  25. Bake a carrot cake for Gina--completely from scratch!
  26. Get a new hair do (it will not be drastic...maybe just shorter?)
  27. Buy makeup at a department store.
  28. Fly first class (Lu?)
  29. Have coffee and a cheese-filled danish at a cafe in Paris.
  30. Go horseback riding.
  31. See a show in Las Vegas.
  32. Buy a mountain bike.
  33. Work at a soup kitchen.
  34. Be in AMAZING shape!
  35. Sleep under the stars.
  36. Visit the French Rivier.
  37. Have drinks at Club 33 at Disneyland.
  38. Learn to juggle.
  39. Take Elijah to his first baseball game.
  40. Spend a weekend in Catalina.
  41. Buy a really nice purse.
  42. Visit the Chapel of St. Catherine in Sienna, Italy.
  43. Run three miles without having to stop.
  44. Take a family picture with EVERYONE in it!
  45. Make regular donations to charities that my daughter believes in.
  46. Share a boysenberry funnel cake (with whipped cream!) at the Orange County Fair.
  47. Buy front row tickets to a concert or play.
  48. Fall in love (if not before 50, then someday...)
  49. Find something to be happy about every single day!
  50. Live happily ever after...

8 comments:

Allison said...

I would like to help with (or participate in) numbers 3, 6, 12, 15, 16, 26, 27, 28, 33, 37, 40, 45(!) and 47.

Zuzana said...

I love you dreams, here is wishing for you to live them as well.;)
But I am sure you will.;)
Congratulations on your 2000th post!;)
xo

S. said...

Congrats on your 2000th post!!!
And I love the list.....

Susie A.

Anonymous said...

I'll eat a whole cinnamon roll for you! :)

Leah Mazur said...

Come over to the ranch again and let's cross 25 off that list. I have a recipe that is to die for!

Gina Vistaunet said...

I love #25. I will eat it with you!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! I love your boundless energy level. Send some of that energy to me in Kentucky!

Lisa Marie said...

Plaza Hotel in NYC!!! Let's do it haha!! GREAT list, Julie! You can do it!!!