Friday, May 28, 2010

It's a new life for me...and I'm feeling good...


My new bathing suit came in the mail today. I ordered it on Nordstrom.com, trusting the picture and hoping I got the right size. I wanted to be sure that it would cover me in all the right places and not cover me in all the right places too!

It is the first bathing suit that I have purchased since 1996.
Yes, seriously.

As I took it out of the box and held it up, I thought it looked awfully small. But I sure thought it was pretty.
I just wasn't quite ready to put it on.

I headed out to the gym and ran a few errands and came back and showered. And then, I tried on the suit.
Amazingly, it fit me perfectly. Perfectly!

What was even more amazing was what I heard myself say as I stood there looking at myself in the mirror:
"You look good..." I said "you really look good..."

I don't believe I've ever said those words to myself...
certainly never while wearing a bathing suit.

It felt kinda nice.
Which is really good.
Cause now, the way I see it, I won't have to buy another swimsuit til 2024.

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

Good for you Julie!! I am not sure i will ever think i look good in a swimsuit again.;)
Have a great weekend,
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Is the picture on the post the suit you got? Isn't it nice to actually want to buy a new bathing suit! I just bought 3 new ones! Couldn't decide on one.lol We will have to sport our new suits this summer on the beach in California!

Love you, Robin